SPI controller core :: Overview
Other project properties
SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) is serial, synchronous, full duplex communication protocol. It is widely used as a board-level interface between different devices such as microcontrollers, DACs, ADCs and others.
This core is SPI/Microwire compliant master serial communication controller with additional functionality.
- Full duplex synchronous serial data transfer
- Variable length of transfer word up to 32 bits
- MSB or LSB first data transfer
- Rx and Tx on both rising or falling edge of serial clock independently
- 8 slave select lines
- Fully static synchronous design with one clock domain
- Technology independent Verilog
- Fully synthesizable